Although it may not seem like it, our nails are actually a very important part of our body. They are a useful tool untying knots, satisfying an itch, and aid in typing on keyboards and texting on phones. In order to ensure our nail stay useful to us, it’s important to take care of them properly.
Here are a few helpful tips on how to properly care for your nails.
- Don’t over file your nails because this can cause the nails to split. Instead, always file them in one direction after you’ve used nail scissors to trim the nails.
- Always clean the tools you’ve used to cut and shape your nails so that you can avoid future infections. At Bojack Beauty Academy, you will learn how to properly sterilize every type of manicure tool.
- Moisturize your hands in order to prevent hangnails in the future. Hangnails can become infected and only get worse the more you tug at them. Moisturizing cream will prevent your hands from drying out as well.
- Whenever possible, always choose to use a tool to help you with a project instead of using your nails. For instance, use a letter opener or scissors instead of your nails. This will stop your nails from breaking and chipping.
- Don’t push your cuticles back too far. Your cuticles exist as a buffer between your nail bed and the outside world that’s full of germs, so pushing it back too far could end up causing an infection. Never let a salon push your cuticles back too far!
- Always opt for disinfectant creams and ointments if you notice a cut or scrape on your fingers. Also be wary of signs of cuticle or nail bed infections as these may require antibiotics.C
- Give your nails a break from fake nails every now and again. Believe it or not, having fake nails on or nail polish on all the time can cause your nails to peel and become brittle.
If you’re interesting in learning more about nail care, pedicures and manicures, you could be a candidate for our beauty school in Boston! Enroll today at Bojack Beauty Academy and be sure to ask for more information about our manicure and pedicure classes!